Thursday, June 26, 2008

I think I might be on time

I think I might actually be returning books on time for once. Yay! Now I need to go stock up on more for a weekend trip to the beach. In addition to overpacking clothes, I usually overpack books too. And really, how many books can one read in a weekend?

So the updates are (again, lacking color/flair in the interest of time - gotta be ready to go by 6PM tonight)...

54. The Girl Who Stopped Swimming (Joshilyn Jackson)
Enjoyed it. Not really sure what else to say, so I'll leave it at that.

53. Certain Girls (Jennifer Weiner)
On Stacy's recommendation, I reread Good in Bed prior to reading this, and I'm glad I did. I enjoyed this, though the first one is probably my favorite of the two. In writing this list, I realize I've got a library book that is MIA. I checked out Good in Bed, and need to add it to my list (as well as return it to the library), but I can't find it anywhere. Hm...

52. Big Boned (Meg Cabot)
Ah, Heather Wells, former teen pop star turned assistant dorm director, you've got to solve a murder again. Really, 3 murders in about a year at the same college dorm does get pretty unbelievable, but there's enough other 'stuff' going on that I still like the book.

51. Death by Chick Lit (Lynn Harris)
It was a funny idea - chick lit authors being killed off. And the title made me laugh. It was cute - again not super scary/tense, but still a decent mystery.

50. Chocolat (Joanne Harris)
I saw the sequel for this on the 'new' shelf, so I wanted to read this one (only saw the movie - and I remember feeling like the movie left off at the start of something). Reading this reminded me that I hadn't seen the movie in a while, which is probably a good thing. Oh, and reading this reminded me that I took Latin and German for my foreign languages. French means nothing to me.

49. One for the Money (Janet Evanovich)
Very cute, not too scary/tense mystery. The main character is definately a character, and this is the first in the series. I like series books, 'cause I always know what to read next.

No comments: