Sunday, September 7, 2008

Latest Update

So I've been sitting on these for quite a while now...keeping them in a pile that keeps getting moved around, split up, etc. But I really haven't felt like updating the list until right now...which means I have a bunch to do. So here I go.

87. Chasing Harry Winston
I remember enjoying this book (again, in the category of beach reading), but now that I'm sitting here, I really can't remember what happened. So you'll just have to read it yourself to find out :)

86. To the Power of Three
Ok, I think I actually like this equally to What the Dead Know. However, in all her novels, I find the references to Baltimore and other Maryland areas slightly distracting. Perhaps because I think I should know where they are, but I really don't (and why would I - I've never lived in MD, and really don't go to MD very often).

85. The Woods
Another recommendation from Stacy (really, most of the things I read are, but this one was a situation where I was in a book store, looking for something to read to pass time when I was caught without a book, and this is what she recommended). Anyway, it was really good. Lots of good twists, just as I thought I had things figured out, yet not so suspenseful that I couldn't sleep.

84. Away
For some reason, I avoided reading this for a while, and I'm not sure why. It's the story of a Russian immigrant who moves to America, then ends up going back to Russia. I liked it because the author would also wrap up what happened to some of the side characters before moving on with the rest of the story - which I appreciated - you always wonder what happens to the others.

83. Belong to Me
Sequel to Love Walked In. It's a few years ahead of where Love Walked In left off, and continues to the story of the main characters. Again, really enjoyed the story, and had some twists that I wasn't expecting (or didn't figure out until right before they were revealed).

82. Love Walked In
A really good read - had a little twist that I wasn't expecting at the end. I really liked this (but can't really think of a description of why - it was just good).

81. Hissy Fit
Pretty cute, and again, a perfect beach/vacation read. I mean, who hasn't wanted to throw (or actually thrown) a hissy fit :)

80. What the Dead Know
I think this was my favorite of the three Laura Lippman books I read. It made me want to hurry up and finish it to figure out what in the world was going on. And while I had a good theory about what was going on, it wasn't quite right. Therefore, a good mystery :)

79. Second Chance
Def. a good read, but still not as good (for me) as Jemima J. I would recommend reading it.

78. Fearless Fourteen
Thanks to Cathy, I'm totally addicted. And sad. I think this is the latest one in the series, and while not quite as good as the others, still totally enjoyable. I'm surprised this hasn't turned into a movie or TV series or something.

77. Deep Dish
Perfect book for the beach, where I read it. Nice, light, and everything wrapped up by the end.

76. Every Secret Thing
Stacy recommended Laura Lippman's books, which are OK, though I don't love them as much as she does. Of the three that I read, this was my least favorite, and took me a little longer than normal to get through.

75. Love the One You're With
Clearly, on an Emily Giffin kick here. This was not the typical story

74. Baby Proof
Ah, chick lit. It had some drama that all worked out in the end - this time, about babies instead of meeting Mr. Right. Still, it was good - especially for the beach, where I read it.

No comments: